Wear Dock offers dry dock and afloat facilities for design, construction, repair and engineering to marine, offshore and industrial companies throughout the world.
The company provides innovative and flexible capabilities in a wide range of expertise including:
- Repair and reconstruction.
- Engine and equipment overhaul.
- Engineering and fabrication.
- Major refit and conversion.
- Installation of new equipment.
- Dry dock equipped with thruster pit for drop down thrusters.
Our workforce, project and management teams have numerous years experience gained within the marine, offshore and engineering industry. They deliver high quality engineering solutions.
The facilities we offer include the alternatives of dry dock or afloat repairs alongside tidal and non-tidal berths. There is also a range of shore supplied utility services available immediately adjacent to the dry dock and berthing facilities.
Extensive engineering workshops are located adjacent to the dry dock. Our capabilities enable our skilled workforce to carry out machining, boring, milling, welding and fabrication work. This is offered as an integral part of a contract or as a specific project.
- 115m x 16.5m x 5m Draft (inside breadth 20.6m)
- Thruster pit for drop down/swing down thrusters.
Dockside utilities include: electricity, compressed air, fresh and salt water services and craneage up to 30 tonnes.
Wet Berth Facilities (Fully Serviced)
- 150m x 8m MHWS (non-tidal)
- 220m x 7.17m above LAT (tidal)
- 323m x 8.8m LAT (tidal)
Cranaege up to 1000 tonnes
3000 square metres of covered workshops offering:
- Engine and machinery repairs.
- Light and heavy machining.
- Steel preparation and fabrication.
- Pipework manufacture and installation.
- Electrical repairs.
- Shot blasting and painting.
Our work is of the highest quality and is accredited to ISO 9001: 2008 quality standard. Welding can be carried out to ASME 9 standards.
Our services include: